Monday, April 16, 2012

A Game of Hide n Seek

I have been hunting diligently under bushes, in woodpiles and anywhere else that looks like a likely spot to find where the chickens have been laying their eggs.

Eight chickens but only 1 or 2 eggs a day :(

Then, while standing on a tall ladder helping to roof my new chicken coop I happened to glance down and there tucked under the branches of an evergreen cedar, that also is a protective part of my goose nest, I spied a myriad of eggs spilling out from under a bush.

I got down and went to investigate. Bending down on my knees arms stretching as far into the tangled branches as I could I retrieved my bounty.
33 whole eggs and 2 others that had been broken.
Unfortunately I could not tell when they were laid so I had to toss them into the compost, but took a pic first.
At least now I know an in the following days have been able to find fresh ones daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment