Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tarragon Chicken Salad - Starbucks Style

At 5.75 the Tarragon Chicken Salad sandwich at Starbucks is a little spendy but is still one of my favourites.
So....  I wondered if I could make a sandwich that would be close to the same.
Here is my version:

1 lg can chicken breast chunks (I used Costco's)
2 - 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise ( I use reduced fat made with Olive oil)
1/2 stalk of celery
1 tsp Tarragon
1/4 tsp Poultry Seasoning
Dash of Salt to season
1/4 Mrs. Dash
1/4 c Craisens

1 can of whole jellied cranberries
Healthy bread ( I used Orowheat Heathful - Flax and Fiber)
red leaf lettuce

Drain liquid from chicken breast can. (cats and dogs love this treat).
Scoop meat into bowl and use a fork to flake it.
Add enough mayonnaise to give it the consistency you like. I use a couple of tablespoons.
Chop or slice celery into very small pieces; add to mixture.
Add tarragon, poultry seasoning, salt, Mrs. Dash to season. This is a personal thing. I gave the amount I used, feel free to adjust to your taste buds.
Mix thoroughly

Spread one side of a slice of bread with the whole jellied cranberries. If you like spread the other slice of bread with mayonnaise.
I put the leaf of red lettuce on the mayonnaise side of the bread and a layer of the chicken mixture on the cranberry side of bread.

Put both sides together and enjoy!
This tastes especially great with a cup of coffee.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment